No, you did not miss Workout Playlist 1, maybe I will post that sometime but thought I would post the songs on my current workout playlist.
The songs reflect both my age and (I hope) my enjoyment of current music.
- Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon
- I’m A Man – Spencer Davis Group
- Kick Drum Heart – Avett Brothers
- Saturday in the Park – Chicago
- Handle with Care – Traveling Wilburys
- Gloria – Van Morrison
- Lawyers, Guns and Money – Warren Zevon
- Midnight Rider – Allman Brothers
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself – Georgia Satellites
- The Shores of Jordan – Iris DeMent
- 25 or 6 to 4 – Chicago
- Here in Angola – Al Stewart
- Whenever God Shines His Light – Van Morrison
- Longing in Their Hearts – Bonnie Raitt
- People See Through You – Bruce Cockburn
- Princess Olivia – Al Stewart
- The Wish – Bruce Springsteen
- One Way Out – Allman Brothers
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
I was basically looking for something that would have a quick enough beat to keep me in the cardiozone. Good timing on Whenever God Shines His Light, comes right at minute 40 where I enter my cool down for my 40 minutes on the elliptical and Cockburn’s People See Through chimes in right as I do my weights.
Of course needed music that I like as well as being good for the pace of my exercise. Punctuated by a couple of “inspirational” songs – Iris DeMent’s Shores of Jordan (because at this point of my workout I feel like I just may be getting ready to cross the Jordan!) and Van’s God Shines His Light. Start off with Werewolves to get going on a fast pace (Workout Playlist 1 starts with Start Me Up by the Stones).
You can probably figure out why I finish with one of Queen’s best known songs.